Animal Facts to Make You Smile
Apr 05, 2016
- Sea otters hold hands when they sleep to keep from drifting apart.
- In Alaska it is illegal to whisper in someone’s ear while they’re moose hunting.
- Cows have best friends.
- Ostriches can run faster than horses, and the males can roar like lions
- Norway knighted a penguin.
- A study measuring the effects of music found that cows produce more milk when listening to soothing music. They produce the most when listening to R.E.M’s “Everybody Hurts.”
- The flamingo can only eat when its head is upside down.
- Seahorses mate for life, and when they travel they hold each others’ tails.
- Giraffes have no vocal cords.
- There have been studies that show that goats, like us, have accents.
- Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.
- Many species of owls have special feathers for flying silently.
- Millions of trees are accidentally planted by squirrels that bury nuts and then forget where they hid them.
- Before chicks hatch, they can communicate with each other and their mother through a system of sounds.
- Japanese Macaques make snowballs for fun.
- Dolphins have names for each other.
- A prison in Washington pairs up “death row” shelter cats with select inmates as part of a rehabilitation program. It seems to be a pretty wonderful thing for both the inmates and the cats.
- Gentoo penguins propose to their lifemates with a pebble.
- Turtles can breathe through their butts.
- Rats laugh when tickled.
Posted By: Karenna Pullen